středa 25. ledna 2012

Parcans Hotend, Next Generation

Recently I got my hands on ParCans hotend. Its preproduction version, final version is already on sale (we bought one too) with small cosmetic difference.
Here it is, straight from envelope. In two packs, already nearly assembled and with bunch of spare parts:
Note the PTFE tube sticking from the PEEK. Part of nozzle is inside the tube, pressing it against PEEK and sealing the junction. If you dont loosen your nozzle from heat barrier, that is. 
 
More hot(end)ness:


Wires from the thermistor are thin as hair and their isolation was not not glued well to heat block (at least on the preproduction sample. The final version had them glued/cemented bit better) so I managed to rip them off during installing. There is one spare, but I kapton-taped thermistor from makergear that I had at hand. I also drilled 4.5mm hole in extruder where filament goes and cut off half of the tube, so the filament enters the PTFE tube inside extruder body.

Then piece of wood to hold it in place and lets go!


Ok, not yet. Hotend is really short, around centimeter shorter than my old makergear (makergear extruders are now shorter than they used to be, but this one wins here anyway), so I had to cut my retaining screws.

Comparing to the old makergear hotend I had to go from 228 to 235 degrees to prevent filament stripping when printing infill.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat